There are a lot of people who can use more space in their homes. Storage is always in high demand, and no matter how much room you have, it never seems like enough. There are a lot of great innovations out there that make it easy to get the most out of the storage in and around your house, no matter what you have in mind.
Renovations and redesigns are all about making more from the space that you have. It’s going to be easy for you to find ways to create great extra space when you get creative. You can utilize the design trends and websites online to get inspiration and ideas, such as Houzz and Pinterest. Additionally, you can find a lot of your own creativity when you sit down and think about your options.
To help you get started, here are a few great ways to save space around your home:
1. Utilize vertical space as much as you can. Your house is going to have 8 or 10 foot ceilings, but you probably only utilize 6-7 feet of space total. With the addition of rolling ladders, step ladders, and other features, you can go vertical to get a lot more from the space that you’d forgotten about.
2. Clean out the house once a year. Go through things, get rid of old items and documents, and clean up the clutter. Think about the things that you have and how important they are to keep. If you’re willing to part with some things, you’ll be able to use their old spaces for something new.
3. Install an alternative to doors if you need to save floor space or are limited on room to begin with. You can find accordion doors as well as the sliding barn door. Barn doors are installed along a track, which you can customize to your liking. The barn door track has a rustic look, which gives the room a rustic feel by default.
4. Sliding doors are also useful if you want to block off open closets or spaces where you have converted to storage areas. A sliding barn door is an affordable, stylish way to save space and get more from your design. Plus, you can customize the door and its hardware to your exact tastes.
5. Consider replacing those bi-fold closet doors with a sliding barn door, too. The doors are cheaply made, and they are going to get in the way of your floor space when you open them. Their impact is minimal, of course, but it’s still unnecessary. Besides, sliding doors always look much more stylish.
Look around your home. See what kind of concepts or potential spaces you can come up with to help you get more storage. Think about every different option that you can come up with, and figure out which ones offer you the most solutions for your needs. Check out the spaces and make sure that you really figure out what you need before you get too involved with a particular design option or another.
The sliding barn door allows you to customize a space with a unique door and custom barn door hardware, creating a unique look that you won’t find anywhere else. Plus, it makes it easy for you to save space or get more out of the space in your home. These hot new design trends aren’t all about style. They understand the substance that people need in their homes, and deliver on all accounts.
Save 15% off Flat Track and Select Modern Hardware, use code: spring2018